Avril 12, 2012 ( Jeudi )
I was completing my academic paper’s proposal until one of the old memories came back to me. It was sweet but bitter, much more like the taste of Whittaker’s Dark Ghana.
A gust of wind,
Hits my soul,
Drifting me apart.
p/s We had a wonderful ribs for lunch, thanks dad 😉
Before I started this WP, I already have a BS account since 2009. I used to blog about everything but nowadays I’ve no longer have the passion to do so. WP is simple and clean compared to BS where users are allowed to add as much HTML codes as they wish and I’m not a fan of those glittering graphics and others. Plus, the site could be heavy as well. The name “My Cheritas not Chivitos” is my personal coinage. 😀 , it wasn’t coined at all but I like the way it rhymes. Cheritas is a malay upgraded word of Cerita which means to tell about something, much more like a story. Chivitos on the other hand is the name of a national dish in Uruguay ( it is sandwich ). Thanks to Anthony Bourdain, I got to know about this yummy-looking food.
When I was in secondary school , I used to write poems and even recited it. I fall in love with poems back then because I feel that I could connect with the author’s emotion and find the messages hidden within the poem. I considered myself as a naturalist back then. Now, I need to get my passion back. 🙂
Tomorrow is August 31st. Happy 55th Merdeka Day for my country, MALAYSIA ;’) .
p/s Will start writing in bilinguals soon. 🙂
1. Things you cannot leave your home without : My mobile phones, keys and purse.
2. Favorite brand of Make-Up : Err, I don’t know.
3. Favorite flower : Tulips. ( but roses aren’t bad either )
4. Favorite clothing store : Uniqlo ? I love their striped pants.
5. Favorite Perfume : The Body Shop White Musk
6. Do you make good grades ? : I do, only for my favorite subjects 😀 .
7. Favorite color : Definitely RED
8. Do you drink juice? : Oui. Orange and Kiwi.
9. Favorite moisturizer(s) : Vaseline and Hazeline
10. Do you drink coffee? : YES. My favorite would be the San Francisco Coffee shop/cafe.
p/s I have a trillions of free time today.
p/s Will start packing up for college tomorrow.
6 large sausages ( you can use any type of sausages according to your liking )
3 cloves of garlic
5 tomatoes ( ripe)
1 red chilli
a dash of parsley ( my favorite herb ), thyme, salt and pepper
one tablespoon of oil
Let’s rock !
1. Chop the onions
2. Crush the garlic with the chilli and salt
3. Cut the tomatoes into small pieces
4. Boil the sausages in water for 10 minutes, drain after it is cooked.
5. Heat the oil
6. Add the onions, crushed garlic, tomatoes and thyme
7. Mix well, then cover and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Add the sausages and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes.
9. Serve with rice
10. Enjoy your meal 🙂
p/s This recipe was taken from my French textbook, Tapis Volant 1.
p/s I’m so in love with French that one day I hope I could get a French husband 😛 ( haha )
It’s been a week since Muslims all over the world celebrated Eid Mubarak. Back in my hometown (Alor Setar), we had a tremendous celebration. It was fullhouse. For the first time I (with my cousins) made the infamous raya cookies called Almond London. Kurang pasti sama ada biskut ni origin dari London or they just made it sound that way. We started the Almond London project after Subuh’s prayer and finished at 12 noon. Since all of us were fasting, the temptation occurs from dipping the naked cookies into the chocolatey syrups made all of us drools. We went ooh..awww….
Le Almond London
Frankly speaking, my favorite biskut raya goes to Pineapple Tarts. However the taste might differ due to the pineapple jams and sometimes the taste is heavily affected by the crunchiness of the tarts. Despite that, I also fall in love with biskut makmur and biskut suji and the all time favorite, biskut semperit. ^_^
more raya stories coming thru ….
1. Not to fall in love(starting over a relationship) before the time comes.
2. Not to fall in love because of loneliness.
3. Not to fall in love to make someone jealous
4. I will wait for you.
5. Until the day you’re married to someone, till then only I’ll stop from missing you.
P/S Syawal comes after Ramadhan. Still in the festive moods, Happy Eid Mubarak 😉